Lunch pasta sauce
This pasta sauce is tasty, super quick to knock together and makes enough for 2.
- Tin of whole tomatoes, ½
- Pickled chopped garlic, 1 teaspoon
- Pickled chopped ginger, 1 teaspoon
- Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon (or 2/3 anchovies)
- Balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon
- Tomato purée, 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil, 1 teaspoon
- Basil, dried, 1 teaspoon
- Oregano, dried, 1 teaspoon
- Salt + pepper
- Throw all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Optionally, leave in the fridge for an hour or two to let the flavours develop.
- Pour the sauce into a pan, reduce for 5-10 minutes then add cooked pasta — I like linguine.