Midnight egg curry
For when you want an egg curry at midnight.
- Eggs, 4, hard boiled, shelled
- Onion, 1 large, diced
- Garlic, 4 cloves, minced
- Ginger, 1 inch, grated
- Curry leaves, small handful
- Ground cumin, 1 teaspoon
- Ground coriander, 1 teaspoon
- Ground turmeric, 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala, 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon bark, 2 sticks
- Chopped tomatoes, 1 tin
- Take a good-sized pan, add a little olive oil followed by the onion.
- Fry on a medium heat until the onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala and curry leaves and fry until the mixture is of a tacky consistency. Take care not to burn the spices! Add a splash of water if necessary.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, followed by a tin of water then give the pan a good stir, dislodging all the spices that may be clinging to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the cinnamon sticks and the eggs.
- Cook on a low heat with the lid on for 30/40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and gently reduce until thick, stirring occasionally.