Fish and prawn stew
Serve with bread, potatoes or rice.
- Fresh prawns, 500g, shelled
- Cod loin, 250g, cut into chunks
- Fresh lime, 2 juicy, juiced
- Coriander, small handful, chopped fine
- Parsley, small handful, chopped fine
- Large onion, diced
- Cumin, 1 tsp
- Paprika, 1 tsp
- Garlic, 4 cloves, minced
- Bay leaf, 1
- Spring onion, 3, chopped
- Mild chilli powder, 1 tsp
- Gammon stock, 500ml
- Large tomatoes, 2, diced
- Chopped tomatoes, 1 tin
- Salt + pepper
- Shell your prawns and chop the fish into 1 inch cubes (maybe slightly bigger), stick them in the fridge for later.
- Add the onion and garlic to a medium-large pan and fry until starting to get soft.
- Add the cumin, paprika and chilli powder, fry until the mixture gets a bit tacky.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, gammon stock, lime juice, coriander, parsley, spring onion, bay leaf and salt + pepper and give it a good stir.
- Let that simmer for about 15/20 minutes, your nose will tell you when it’s done.
- Take out the bay leaf!
- Blend until smooth. If at this point it looks a bit thick, add some vegetable stock.
- Put the the bay leaf back in and bring back to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the fish and prawns.
- Simmer until the fish and prawns have cooked.