Farfalle pasta with mackerel and tomato
This superquick pasta recipe takes ~10 minutes from start to finish and makes enough for two.
- Farfalle pasta, 100g
- Mackerel in olive oil, 1 tin, flaked
- Fresh basil, small handful, roughly chopped
- Chopped tomatoes, 227g tin
- Harissa, a small blob
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, 1 tbsp, grated
- Balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp
- Salt + pepper
- Bring a salted pan of water to a rolling boil and add the pasta.
- Take a bowl, add the tomatoes, mackerel, harissa, basil, balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Stir well, cover, then throw in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- When the pasta is a bit before al dente, drain, chuck the pasta back in the pan then add the sauce.
- Reduce the sauce for ~1 minute on a medium heat then add the Parmigiano-Reggiano, a touch of pepper, stir well and enjoy.