- On the hour, every hour. ↩
[I]n this essay, I want to persuade you not just to wear a mask, but to go beyond the new CDC guidelines and help make mask wearing a social norm. That means always wearing a mask when you go out in public, and becoming a pest and nuisance to the people in your life until they do the same.
Delete your tweets using GitHub Actions
A few years ago I hacked together a bash script that you could use to backup and delete your tweets on a regular basis. For fun, I decided to do something similar using GitHub Actions.
tweet-delete doesn’t create backups, and deletes your tweets on a weekly basis. In addition, since the Twitter API only lets you get a maximum of 200 tweets per request, it won’t work if you have more than 200 tweets1. Many moons ago, I deleted all my tweets and started from scratch and since I don’t post more than 200 tweets in a week it works for me.
Farfalle pasta with mackerel and tomato
This superquick pasta recipe takes ~10 minutes from start to finish and makes enough for two.
- Farfalle pasta, 100g
- Mackerel in olive oil, 1 tin, flaked
- Fresh basil, small handful, roughly chopped
- Chopped tomatoes, 227g tin
- Harissa, a small blob
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, 1 tbsp, grated
- Balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp
- Salt + pepper
- Bring a salted pan of water to a rolling boil and add the pasta.
- Take a bowl, add the tomatoes, mackerel, harissa, basil, balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Stir well, cover, then throw in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- When the pasta is a bit before al dente, drain, chuck the pasta back in the pan then add the sauce.
- Reduce the sauce for ~1 minute on a medium heat then add the Parmigiano-Reggiano, a touch of pepper, stir well and enjoy.
I’ve been playing with GarageBand on iPadOS and I’m surprised at how buggy it is.
An elegant, simple way to collect & edit text on your Mac, iPhone, and iPad
I really like this.